Sat, Feb 12 | Webinar on Zoom
Employment Boot Camp: How to Hire & Pay
Join us to learn how to hire your first employees, from job descriptions and interviews to payroll taxes, worker's compensation, and unemployment insurance. We'll also be discussing the new rules under the Colorado Agricultural Workers Rights Bill.
Time & Location
Feb 12, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Webinar on Zoom
About the event
In this boot camp, we plan to cover the following topics, specificially for new agricultural employers:
- Taxes & Withholding
- Unemployment Insurance
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- New Agricultural Worker's Rights Rules
- Ag Workforce Development Program & Other Funding
- What is an Internship?
- Employee Search: Finding the Right Person
- Determining How Much to Pay, and How To Pay
- Employee Health, Safety, and Emergency Planning
- Ending Employment: Firing, Quitting, or Laying Off
We hope to see you there!